View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #48
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGuy View Post
I have a DX and it's PDF handling is kind of a mixed bag. Amazon opted to go on the cheap and purchase the lowest cost license they could get from Adobe. As such there are no zoom capabilities or ability to increase text size. So you're at the mercy of the original file. Some are rendered quite nicely. Others simply too small with no ability to make adjustments. Manuals and technical publications provided by publishers in PDF format look quite nice on the DX. Most brochure type documents down loaded from the web tend to fall in the too small category. So it's suitability for you will depend on your application/expectations. Amazon does offer a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee which may be the best way for you to evaluated it's capabilities/deficiencies.
i can crop all my pdfs in acrobat pro so the take up the maximum amount of screen - if i can read them in landscape on the 505 (which has no zoom) they should be loads better on the dx
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote