Thread: Thriller novels
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #49
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
The first two novels of the Kovac/Liska series are phenomenal:

Ashes to Ashes

Dust to Dust

The author, Tami Hoag, earned her reputation with romance novels, but proved she could write a murder mystery / crime thriller with the best of them. Move over James Patterson and Michael Connelly. Hoag has the writing chops to stand up to a direct comparison with anyone. Evil villain? Check. Whodunit? Check. Memorable investigators? Double check (and not the two Minnesota detectives).
I didn't know she was a romance writer. That probably explains why I haven't liked the romance parts of some of her mystery/thrillers. I did enjoy the Kovac and Liska characters. According to stopyourekllingme.com, a new book in that series is due out soon.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote