View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Oh, Blossom, don't let this ruckus keep you from reading Bujold, particularly since you already have the books. her writing is really wonderful.
I don't know. Did you read the thread? I mean I can understand some of her perspective. It's just I am Pro Non-DRM and all for promoting and protecting publishers who go that route. I felt she was discussing a matter that should've been between her and her publisher instead of taking public. It was a tasteless thing to do and put BAEN in a bad light.

I'm more than willing to buy the book and get the books that way but I don't want to support an author who cries fowl as someone put it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I wonder if she would have acted that way if Jim Baen was still alive?
Apache
I don't know....I do know the game has changed with ebooks being more popular than physical these days. So the free backlists promos may no longer work like Mr. Baen intended. Still I say this is something to take up with her publisher not her fans.

However I can say I have bought many books from authors who gave away free books as a promo. Amazon is always getting me to buy some self publisher back list titles because I got a few free. Just this last week I purchased several books that were next in the series from free books I've gotten the previous week.

Last edited by Blossom; 08-22-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Dyslexic Mind at work!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote