View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #26
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Well, I did something even WORSE. I managed to delete 11 gb of documents using calibre2opds. I am on a mac and when I ran the latest stable version using opds as output for my dropbox account, I got a warning about not using my calibre library, however, it never warned me to make a new directory for the output. I just pointed the output to my "documents" library and voila, all the documents deleted.

I was somewhat lucky in that I do have backups, but still, I lost a month window since my last increment. Just goes to show you how easy it is to make assumptions and be wrong.

I think there should be a small warning that pops up when using the output or even a forced new folder making to save newbies.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote