View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 12:44 PM   #4
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Actually, this is a great sign!

As anyone who has followed the course of Palmsource since Nagel signed on would agree that he was a "boat anchor" for the company. He lacked real clarity and vision in this industry.

I speak from experience here, because back in 2000, I spoke with him directly at Palmsource about the direction their tools were going, ignoring 2/3 of the operating system markets they could be embracing. He basically dismissed me like I was some sort of "reporter" with the media. He insisted "...everything is moving to Windows". I outlined for him a simple path to cross-platform tools and development that would give them better penetration into larger markets.

He ignored me then, and now look where they are... looking for cross-platform tools to increase their penetration in other markets.

No no, Nagel leaving Palmsource could be the best thing for them! Don't give up the ship yet... brighter things could be coming.