Thread: PRS-950 Writing your own Review
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #12
Abisha
Connoisseur
Abisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I've found the wifi to be very good, but the setup is a little less than automatic and maybe a little confusing. After selecting an access point I kept hitting "done" thinking that would start a connection without paying attention to the button for "connecting". My experience with Google Books has been the same, it doesn't appear it is accessible via 3g.

I'm glad that you've had success with your connection Mr. Goodbar. I too have had a relatively easy time of configuring my personal router at home. Connecting to a wifi hotspot is a whole different matter. I've tried 3 separate wifi points on on Campus (All of which are unsecured 802.11g), the Reader displays "Invalid Configuration" when viewing "WIFI Network Settings". This is rather infuriating. The men and women who are willing to pay a premium for these features are academics and professionals who are on the move. Not being able to access a standard 802.11 wifi hotspot is dissapointing to say the least. To ensure that the wifi connection was not at fault, I removed from my bag, my two year old Mp3 player and was able to successfully connect. The network was not refusing connections.

Last edited by Abisha; 10-26-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Abisha is offline   Reply With Quote