View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #50
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Kindle doesn't do library books. Look, if this is really bothering you, then address your concerns to those who won't take my reasons (see post 8) at face value. I'm not the one prolonging this; I'm just responding.
Yes we know the Kindle doesn't do library books. The point is that the reader you want doesn't exist and as far as we know may never exist. We try to point out alternatives that come close as close as possible to meeting your requirements and you will point out where they fall short.

For example, it was essentially pointed out to you that the new Kobo will meet most of your criteria except fall a week short on the battery life (even though most believe that the Amazon claim is optimistic for the Kindle 2); yes it requires an SD card, but even with the SD card we are talking $149, the price of the Nook.

The Nook falls way short on battery, and color, but you insist on waiting for the Nook2 which is unannounced and complaining about the existing Nook at the same time.

Here is a thought, you don't have to personally reply to every post a person makes... Just state to everyone that no existing reader meets your requirement, so you will withdraw from the conversation.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote