View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 02:07 AM   #3
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Thanks for the explanation. Meanwhile, they seem to have put their entire back archive online, from October 1979 onwards. It would obviously be nice to have the ability to download separate issues from that once in a while. Does anybody know of an easier way to do this than by editing recipes?

I've tried the above procedure and managed to download the very first issue only after quite a bit of hassle.
One thing I noticed: it's as though you have to press "download now" twice for every download to work. The first time I get an error message, I have to click the menus away. And then only when I try it a second time, the archive issue is downloaded.
That's rather involved -- not to mention having to delve into the "edit recipes" menu again (and me always forgetting which of the two menu options under fetch news I have to choose: I don't find it very intuitive that you can't just click through to edit recipe from the schedule menu). And remembering which of the lines you have to change in which way in order to download a specific issue.

Any help & automation would be appreciated by this python-analfabete!

Last edited by franklekens; 10-27-2019 at 02:18 AM.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote