View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 01:22 AM   #275
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
8 Track tapes actually had better sound quality than the original cassette tapes. When Cassettes were first available the sound quality was not very good. It was a smaller width tape. Later the quality improved with the introduction of compact cassettes and 8 track disappeared. Cassettes are made with polyester base tape, have just over a 1/8th inch tape width, and a slow playback speed of 1 7/8 ips, thus contributing to a limited dynamic range and frequency response.
Apache
True, but I couldn't get used to the loud "chunk-chunk" of an 8 Track changing from one track to the next, sometimes in the middle of the song.

Add in the fact that I was driving noisy, cheap, old used cars back then (my personal record was a used 12 year old Chevy Nova that I found in a barn and paid $25 for), I only used cassettes.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote