View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 02:02 PM   #77
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
UK copyright law has in the past upheld the idea of Sweat of the Brow, (the classic example being a telephone directory) whereby skill and perseverance could result in a claim of copyright protection, even without originality, but recent rulings have gone against the idea.
I guess that, as I think someone said here in this thread somewhere (without re-reading everything to find the exact quote), you can put your own copyright on anything you want, doesn't mean it will mean anything.

Of course, I suppose there are instances where claiming copyright on something that one clearly has no rights to would be an offense, too -- I can't just go and declare copyright on the latest movie out in the theatres, for example -- but in a case such as my own, not declaring copyright at all does potentially leave open the door for anyone to do whatever they want to. A rather notable example of that is the 1963 Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn film, Charade -- the studios had neglected to include a copyright notice anywhere in the credits, and thus the very day it was released in the theatres, it was in the public domain.
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote