View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
Font embedding frustration

Hi folks... I'm having a problem that seems to be plaguing many others here -- trying to get fonts to embed -- and I've scoured tons of messages in here and tried to do everything right, but so far all I seem to have been able to manage to do is to get headings to show up in the specified font, not the main text.

What I'm trying to do is replicate this PDF, which is done up entirely in freeware fonts...

http://www.imaginary-friend.ca/pdf/E...rie_Frende.pdf

...(about 1.4 megs in size).

So far, just to try to get a simple test page to work as an epub, I've only done up the short "Prologus" page (without any graphics) -- if I could just get that working, then surely I'd get the rest working (and be able to toss in graphics, too, of course).

Interestingly, when working on it in Sigil, in the preview pane it shows up perfectly! But when I send it over to my ipad, only the heading comes out in the specified font -- and the rest is all just gobbledygook.

I'll attach my test file here, too -- oh, the fonts here are TTF, but I read somewhere that you should use OTF. However, I've tried that (by converting the fonts, etc.) but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas what on earth I might be doing wrong -- or am I trying to do something that's just not workable?

Thanks SO much in advance!

Ron
Attached Files
File Type: epub epistyll-ttf.epub (312.5 KB, 145 views)
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote