View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #407
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I just bought a "eKit 4 in 1 Connection Kit for Samsung Galaxy S3 / S2 / Galaxy Note"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/eKit-Connect.../dp/B006I31SHC

and have now a working SD-slot for my Nexus 7. I actually have both SD and micro-SD and USB. Works very well with Nexus Media Importer. The only disadvantage is the that the connector is a bit loose so you have to be careful to ensure that it is plugged in properly. For watching videos at vaccations I see no disadvantage with this approach.
I hope it meets your needs, but I see several potential disadvantages:
It's another relatively large piece of gear to carry, in addition to the memory cards to use in it.
It seems like a very fragile attachment point.
It seems like it would prevent the use of some stand/cases for video watching.
For my needs, if I needed the extra storage and were to carry a piece gear that large around in addition to the tablet, I think I'd prefer one of those small wifi NAS devices
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote