View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #47
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I have to agree with the author here. While a lot of article argument felt more tounge and cheeck than philosophical, he did make at least one valid point.

Quote:
I appreciate that adults occasionally watch Pixar movies or play video games. That’s fine. Those media don’t require much of your brains. Books are one of our few chances to learn.
Of course I disagree with his first three sentence, it would change it to say watching a movie takes much less time than reading a book.

I feel a lot of people here are under the misconception that reading makes one smarter.

For me feedings the brain is much like feeding the body and what you "put in is what you get out ". Sure it's fun to indulge ever once and a while, but often the indulgence is excess.

I guess the one point I strongly disagree with the bloggers however is for him to have the audacity to tell others what is proper behavior.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote