Thread: Kindle piracy
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
NedC
Enthusiast
NedC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NedC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NedC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NedC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NedC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NedC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NedC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NedC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NedC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NedC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NedC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've actually been onto Amazon and bought one of the books listed by theystolemybook.com (£2.98 - don't worry, nobody's going to get rich). The Ice Cream Memories of Charlotte Rowe looks to me like a poorly converted PDF - apostrophes replaced by little squares, headers and footers in the middle of the text and some weird images scattered all over the place that look as if they might have been OK on a pdf viewed as a double page spread. All of which is odd, because the author has a perfectly good prc version on her website dead-medium.com. Why not steal that?

Anyway, I do think that Kindle owners and would-be publishers should take this seriously. Amazon are so desperate to establish a market that they seem to be applying no technical quality control at all. If they're not careful the Kindle Store will end up a shoddy bazaar like eBay.
NedC is offline   Reply With Quote