View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Well I can say without a doubt that my K3 and K4 do not have the same finish as each other. It's really hard to get it in a picture believe me I've tried I've taken over 50 pics and you might get lucky to get it to show correctly but I have not. I am open suggestions on how to get the screen to show correctly on a digital photo. I've tried flash and non flash so far.

I wont say those who say their K3 and K4 are the same or better are wrong. We know E-Ink varies but I can say my K3 screen is far superior then the two K4 I have own. So I just recommend not getting rid of your K3 till you get your K4 and are happy with it. I had two other people PM me privately who had my issue but didn't want others to know. I hope they have their new ones by now like I do and are happy with it.

I just say don't get rid of your K3 till you get a K4. So you don't wind up asking yourself why you got rid of such a great reader for a basic one.

Some are speculating that maybe the K3 purchased in 2010 have better contrast and lighter background then those made in 2011. I don't know if this is true but It's a possibility Amazon switched manufacturer during that time or used a different stock of screen.

I don't know if I think the screen is lesser quality. The new one doesn't have the pixel problem the old one had. The old one I had looked like Tom's hardware's pics. You could tell it on the Ws, Ms and a few letters. I don't see this on the new one. So again it varies and if you get a screen you don't like, don't settle! Amazon will be happy to make it good. There could be a bad batch out there. I know I had one but my new one is pretty good and I'm happy with it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote