View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 10:34 PM   #7
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Glowlight, Galaxy Tab S9, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randolphlalonde View Post
It's rare that I take the time to write an article about "the industry", I normally reserve my writing time for creative pursuits. After meeting a lot of people who don't understand the costs behind creating an eBook and a few who don't believe an eBook should ever cost anything, I decided to write this article that includes nothing but fact about what it costs to create the content they're enjoying.
I'm very new to the ebook world so my opinion probably doesn't carry much weight. Until I found this forum I thought all ebooks cost about $9.99. I didn't know there were 99¢ and free books. I have no problem paying $10 for a book around the time it is selling full price for the paper edition. I think that is a fair price. But to me even with all of the cost incurred it still seems there should be a lot less cost to provide a digital copy of a book. Therefore the price should reflect that cost. I also didn't know that there were independent authors who only produce ebooks. You explained well all of the cost involved but don't you save a considerable amount considering you do not have to worry about the cost associated with providing a paper book? What do you think would be a reasonable price for your ebook? The price of music CD's have dropped the last few years because they were losing revenue to pirated digital downloads. CD's were overpriced anyway. Back in the days of cassette tapes, CD's were significantly more expensive than cassettes even though they cost less to produce. Could higher prices of ebooks cause all those involved in producing them to lose sales to illegal copying? Thanks for the info. It was very informing for this ebook novice.

~eddie

Last edited by JerseyBiker; 02-15-2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: removed redundant point
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote