View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 05:05 AM   #21
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaak View Post
As I said in the inital post, some fonts make it crash (e.g. DejaVu Sans).

I was really puzzled about this and also the program displaying different fonts with different heights even though the same height was set.

After installing a self built version of the FreeType2 library (that is used on the Touch for handling fonts) all the problems just vanished.

It seems Amazon either installed a broken FreeType2 library on the Touch (but didn't notice it as their code doesn't really use the full functionality of freetype) or they installed a stripped down customized version of it that's not as thoroughly tested as the full build.

I'm not yet sure how to fix that for the next release.
This seems to be the same problem I'm having with the font hack (or at least a very similar one, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...28#post1988528 and the subsequent 5 or so posts). Could you elaborate a bit more on how you built that library, and which files you replaced in the end to make it work?

Maybe we could come up with a custom solution (say, a hack which overrides the freetype libs). I'm not sure wrt to binary compatibility between different KT firmwares, but I'd be willing to test it... That's why I'm asking you for some help

Thanks!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote