View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #46
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by techie42 View Post
Is there a step by step instructions for this?
Deleting the sqlite database is easy, but if you have commitment issues you can always just rename it and try it. That way, if you change your mind you can switch back.

Warning: If you are in the middle of a book, you will lose your bookmarks as the information is stored in the database. Also, if you have books purchased through the Kobo store you might have to re-sync to get them back.

If you still want to try it out, the file is in the .kobo folder and is called KoboReader.sqlite. All you have to do is change it to KoboReader.sqlite.old and restart your Kobo. The database will be recreated and will be populated with the books and document you have stored on your Kobo.

If you decide that you want to switch back you can delete the new KoboReader.sqlite database that was created and rename the KoboReader.sqlite.old back to KoboReader.sqlite and restart your Kobo.

I deleted my database as soon as I got my Kobo, so I cannot verify the complaints that some have had. However, mine starts up in around ten seconds, switches pages in less than a second, and loads new content in no more than thirty seconds. This definitely doesn't seem to be the norm based on comments I have read here.

Note: You need to sync the Kobo using the Kobo software after removing the database.

Thank you marnom for pointing this out.

Last edited by RedRoverJ; 06-05-2010 at 12:27 AM.
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote