View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 09:51 AM   #10
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
I've been formatting a novel all day. Saving regularly. Then I entered some code into a blank html page in Code View, forgetting to have the xml Doctype stuff up top. I got a message in the preview that something was wrong. I tried to X out but the screen was frozen. Then Sigil crashed. A window came up and I chose "Relaunch." But I got a window that said my file couldn't be found.
You might be able to recover some files from the Sigil temp folders.

To locate the Sigil temp folders do the following:

1. Close all Sigil instances.
2. a) Windows: Select C:\Windows\Temp in the Windows Explorer.
2. b) Linux: Select /tmp in your file manager.
3. Sort the folders alphabetically and look for folders that start with Sigil, e.g. Sigil-ABC123.
4. Double-click the folder. If it contains an OEBPS folder, double-click it, open content.opf in a text editor and look for the title metadata entry:
Code:
<dc:title>My Book Title</dc:title>
4. If it's your book, check the folder date/time and check the HTML files in the OEBPS/Text folder. If they contain the lost text, copy the whole folder to the desktop and add the HTML files to a new book.

Do not modify Sigil temp files while Sigil is running!
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote