View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 12:49 PM   #18
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsmark View Post
It's a new EMR digitizer from Wacom, we're working with them on the custom pen design and optimizing the firmware. I'm not sure why we don't mention it on the website, but I'll take it up with the people responsible for it.

As for the description of Canvas; it's a custom flexible Carta display with new waveforms from E Ink. The "partial" is because Canvas is the entire display stack (including our custom cover lens etc.).
why no front light? it seems that all newly released devices are always coming close to perfect but not there yet. i have the sony dpt-s1. what is missing from this is the front light and lack of support for epub. the note-taking function of this device could be better, not it's not bad.

so for me to want the reMarkable, adding a front light would go a long way. and if you could offer a 13.3" size screen, so that normal letter-size pdfs would not have to be reduced, i would pre-order right now.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote