View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 03:27 AM   #7
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
If it was easy to connect over wifi, only a few books/changes would have to be transmitted every time. It could even happen automatically in the background.

I am just now experimenting with the other alternative I mentioned above.

I use a shared folder on my NAS as a device and send books and sync metadata to that folder using Calibre.

Then I use sync software on the tablet to sync, over wifi, the shared folder on the NAS to a folder on the tablet. I have it set up to automatically sync in the background every 5 minutes, but only if charging. I use the app FolderSync. Finally I run Mantano to import the new books and remove missing (possibly renamed) books.

Seems to work fine and minor changes are quickly transfered. Also I can initiate the update from the computer as long as I am charging the tablet. But not very elegant... Still, an improvement to popping the memory card.

Last edited by Adoby; 08-20-2012 at 03:35 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote