View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
LRF Release to Open Source?

Since Sony has dumped LRF into the ditch --- why don't they do the world a favor and release it into the public domain? Most, if not all, of the Sony books I downloaded from the Sony Bookstore the last couple of years were beautifully formatted and a joy to read on my PRS-505. DRM is still unbreakable in LRF files, so many authors and publishers would be happy also (as much as I despise DRM).

It reminds me of OS/2: IBM dumped a perfectly good operating system, but never released it to open source (I know...licensing issues and so forth).
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote