View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #68
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TambourineMan View Post
Also, I just got the new large Kindle 2 Dx as a gift. I might want to be able to read some books on my smaller devices. I have a HTC Mogul (PPC6800) running WM6 and a Nokia 5800 running Symbian s60 v5 and a Nokia n800 running Linux. Is there any way to download or port books in Kindle format to any of these devices?
If the ebook is AZW1 or TPZ, then it is a TOPAZ ebook which is locked to the Kindles. However, most Kindle ebooks are AZW which is Amazon's name for MOBI. If the ebook has DRM (encryption) then use mobidedrm.py (with your KDX's PID) to strip the DRM. If not, just rename from .azw to .prc (or .mobi, but .prc is more portable). MobiPocket has Symbian and WM Readers as free downloads, but I don't know if your particular devices are supported. For the N800, your best bet is FBReader. However it does not handle highly compressed MOBI ebooks (if you get one, run it through Calibre to remove the compression - either MOBI to MOBI or MOBI to ePub).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote