View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #434
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
It matters not how many times I mark books in the "Recommended for You" as not interested, it remains full of books that I have absolutely no interest in reading.

I have tried to conjure up the reasoning why almost half the recommendations are financial self help books as I've never shown any interest in them. Books such as 'Rights and Copyrights', 'How Asset Allocation can help you Achieve Your Financial Goals', 'Turning Setbacks into Opportunity' and 'Will Reverse Mortgages be the Salvation of Baby Boomers' are not something I would ever buy. The rest of the books are all about Jewish customs, etc. 'Secrets of Jewish Communion' is not anything that I'm interested in. Where do they come up with these ideas?

I don't mind an initial mistake, but when I repeatedly mark those books as not interested, they continue to fill the list.

I truly dislike the Recommended list on my ereader and can't understand Kobo's reasoning in not allowing me to opt-out, but the Recommended list on the web site seems like a simple programming job to correct, and yet it simply doesn't work.

It doesn't accomplish its intended task - to encourage me to buy more books. Quite the opposite.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote