View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #40
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
I have managed to get rid of a lot of paper around the house - scanning any documents my tax agent needs, using netbooks and having some older computers left in kitchen etc to look up recipes and so on. The one usage I would like is an ereader for music. If I want to practice something I can display it on a computer screen, but to take out on a job and play live it is very difficult. Would need to be A4 size and also run with a foot switch to turn pages. Also a way of going back to repeat marks and showing what is coming next unless there are a few bars rest at a page turn. I won't go into all the technical difficulties but it is not like reading a book!
The other thing I still use paper for is a diary - I just cant find a device that works as well and efficiently as a paper diary (one with loose pages that can be replaced). My husband has a Blackberry and he has to keep asking me about dates as he either (1) puts the diary note on the wrong day, (2) can't be bothered having to fill out all the info for each appointment so doesn't know what he has input (!!!). The old paper diary allows sticky notes, paperclips, extra pages to write down information I might need etc etc. Apart from that I never do much actual pen/pencil + paper writing, I take lecture notes at university on a netbook, do most other things online like banking and other financial transactions.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote