Thread: MobileRead January 2018 Second Chance Vote
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 06:23 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
DiapDealer I hope will forgive me if I say he proposed an explanation that works for him. I think it's a very woman-or-man-for-herself/himself kind of thing. I'm fine with Stabenow as a standalone, and who's to say who's right?

As for Aaronovitch, I personally would be opposed to reading any series in sequence in the book club; I'd recommend starting a thread like the Jim Butcher thread for such discussions. It would be a long two months without a change for someone who didn't like a series and there are a lot of different books out there. But ultimately the voters/discussers get to decide.
I'm not fine with the Stabenow book being called standalone because it's not. Call it self-contained if it is. But standalone is 100% wrong. None of the series books I've read are standalone except for the first book.

I would not mind reading the first two books in a series.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-07-2017 at 06:58 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote