View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 06:08 PM   #80
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I left out some details in the instructions in my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximalmobi7 View Post
so I tried the automatic download metadata and covers , with selects the books asin with calibre control D command, under calibre, first got the metadata from amazon.com but when converting the ebook, it fails to load the thumbnail information when you copy the file.
The ASIN that you use must be for a Kindle edition of the book, not a print edition.

Calibre's automatic metadata download will often set the "amazon" identifier to the ASIN of a print edition. You will need to manually correct it in that case.

Quote:
under id tabs its formatted like this after downloading the metadata, isbn: number, amazon:number, mobi-asin:number

does the amazon id tag need to come first in the order of information or does that matter for getting the thumbnail image to show up when converting from rb format to kfx format?
The order of identifiers does not matter.

A proper ASIN will be 10 characters (upper case letters and digits). One for a Kindle-edition will begin with a "B", though ASINs for other things can also start with "B". An all numeric value refers to a print edition and will not work.

You can verify that the ASIN is set correctly by selecting the book in calibre and looking at the book details panel (usually on the far right). There should be an "Amazon.com" entry in the "Ids:" section. Click on "Amazon.com" there and your browser will open to the associated web page. Verify that the browser shows the expected book and that it is a Kindle edition, not a print edition. Use "Edit Metadata" to fix the ASIN if not.

Quote:
also I like to keep my kindle paperwrite 2 offline to not be getting the downloaded kindle ads in the device, does that effect the thumbnail image not loading...
The cover thumbnail will be downloaded directly from Amazon. The Kindle needs to be online.

Last edited by jhowell; 09-27-2016 at 07:54 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote