View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
Thanks for the tip Davidfor, I tried to reset, and the third time did it!
Glad to hear it worked. While I don't doubt the source, I have no way to check it. Yet.
Quote:
On the kobo-help web-page shows this way:

Before you perform a manual factory reset, charge your eReader for at least three hours. While your eReader is on, remove the port cover on the bottom of your eReader. Insert a paper clip into the small hole next to the Micro USB slot and push gently. You'll feel a click and your eReader will reset itself. When you see square icons on the screen, insert a paper clip into the small hole next to the Micro USB slot and push gently. Repeat step 3 two more times. Your eReader's screen will turn black, and show a Critical error message. Don't worry, this is normal. Tap the check mark icon at the bottom of the screen to reset your eReader.

Interesting. From something someone said recently, that might work on all the devices. Apparently, there is check in a script run during the boot that checks how many times the device has been restarted without nickel running successfully. I think that number was four times. Doing the pinhole reset four times like that should trigger the action. When I get a chance, I might try this on my Touch.