View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #4
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by terekkincaid View Post
I'm about ready to take the plunge into ereaders this Christmas (my annual "toy" my wife let's me get ).

I have a nook on pre-order, but I haven't totally divorced myself from the PRS-600. I don't really plan on buying that many books; I mostly want to use my reader for technical PDFs (and yes, I know I should buy a Kindle DX, but I can't have *that* much of a toy).

I did notice that the nook has 16 shades of grey, and the PRS-600 only has 8. Could anyone with an 8 shade and a person with a 16 shade reader upload a photo of a graphic on their screen so I can compare how much of a difference there is between the two?

The PRS-600 actually has more of the features I need, but if it's easier to read graphically intense PDFs on the nook, I can work on converting them to fit the nook's screen rather than relying on the zoom on the 600.
Tell your wife you will spend less next year and get the Irex 800. For technical PDFs you won't be happy with either the nook or the PRS-600. You would be wasting your money.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote