View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 10:32 PM   #6
adullday
Enthusiast
adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Actually Bookworm (the online epub reader) works fine on a Palm if it has Internet access. I've been skimming through an epub copy of At the Earth's Core with my Palm Centro via Bookworm. It's still awkward compared to using eReader or Mobipocket, and I doubt I'll be using it much, but it does work.

I was making the point that the epubs (like pdf's) would have to be read from external storage since they aren't in the palm database format. The point is moot since most Palm pilots have external capability anyway, and most users have flash cards.

With epub the issue might not be with the format, but with the performance. Many Palm OS devices are pretty low on horsepower, and epub is known to be very resource hungry. Of course since no one (at least to my knowledge) has written an epub reader for the Palm OS there's no way to test it.

webOS is, of course, a whole new ball game.
adullday is offline   Reply With Quote