View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
One of the problems is that publishers are giving Amazon and other retailers the same cut for electronic books that they give for paper books.

I would much prefer to see lower RRPs on ebooks, and Amazon taking a much lower cut of the RRP - perhaps 30% would be reasonable. After all, the retailers have much lower overheads on electronic books than on paperbooks - no need for warehousing and handling them.

I dislike being dependant on Amazon's 'generosity' in giving a 40% discount on the RRP of ebooks for ebook prices to be anywhere near reasonable.

(My definition of a reasonable ebook price is $6 or less!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieliser View Post
Interesting... nice to see someone acknowledge that ebooks should be cheaper than a hardback.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote