View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #23
tibiafry
Enthusiast
tibiafry has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
2) I'm a grad student that works full time so my time is actually rather valuable. I'm assuming you've never tried to find a well formatted ebook via IRC? If so you'd know it could take 30 minutes to an hour going through various downloaded copies checking to make sure there are no OCR errors, italics and bolded text are in place, indents...I can't really complain about "free" ebooks but some of them have serious qualilty issues...which is why if the book is from Baen I'll go spend 6 dollars and buy and load onto my reader in less than 10 minutes.
Hey that was interesting, and we're having trouble ourselves in the conversion to ebook formats (mobipocket only for the moment, epub and PDF will come soon) because we can't select indents, or spaces between paragraphs (you know when you have a time lapse you usually give space between paragraphs bigger, etc). Well it's an adventure and we've got to learn.

About the drm (zelda_pinwheel), well. I tried my best to convince partners, but the decision it's not on me. It depends on other people. Thanks for the links I'll look at them when I have a little of time this weekend

Thanks everybody.
tibiafry is offline   Reply With Quote