View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
AZed
Connoisseur
AZed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AZed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AZed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AZed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PalmOS PDA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
what metadata is missing from the opf file generated by mobi2oeb?
As of 4.100 still pretty much all of the Mobipocket-specific elements, plus contributor, publication date, and type, it looks like. I ran a quick diff on the output from one of my unit tests with the output from mobi2oeb and came up with the elements in my output missing from mobi2oeb completely:

Code:
      <dc:Contributor>Me Myself</dc:Contributor>
      <dc:Date event="publication">2008-10</dc:Date>
      <dc:Type>Testing Type</dc:Type>
      <Adult>yes</Adult>
      <DictionaryInLanguage>de-at</DictionaryInLanguage>
      <DictionaryOutLanguage>es-ar</DictionaryOutLanguage>
      <Review>&lt;P>Review line 1 — &lt;EM>emphasized&lt;/EM>&lt;/P> &lt;P>Review line 2 — &lt;STRONG>a bold move&lt;/STRONG>&lt;/P></Review>
      <SRP Currency="USD">1.23</SRP>
Also, your <dc:subject> entries were missing the BASICCode attribute and your <dc:language> entry was using a bare word and not an IANA language code.

On the plus side, you're generating a NCX file from the filepos information, which I'm not, yet. Mine is just an ultra-primitive one pointing to the spine elements. Also, mobi2oeb supports HuffDic and I don't, yet.

Update: Also, I just caught a bug in my testing procedure that also caught one of yours. When you put the ISBN into a dc:identifier element, you strip out hyphens. Mine doesn't, but it's got a different bug: it seems to be creating dc:identifier twice, and stupid me didn't even check the ISBN in my unit tests. I only just now caught it by eye, so it'll have to wait for the next version. :/

Last edited by AZed; 10-27-2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: ISBN addendum
AZed is offline   Reply With Quote