View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #14904
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
What Entropy Means to Me by George Alec Effinger. Good grief! I bought this one back in August 2005.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I have always liked his writing, especially his Marîd Audran Series.
Unfortunately, I've abandoned this one. I'm pretty sure I've have read this before, but neither the style of writing nor the story makes me want to read it again. Sorry Apache!

Next up was Prisoner in the Skull by Charles Dye. Another 2005 purchase. This was originally published in the mid 1970s, and is a bit dated, the futuristic descriptions are clunky, and an unsatisfactory ending involves far too much of an unlikely occurrence. Poor.

This was the 200th book removed from my TBR pile this year!

Next up: SpiritWalk by Charles de Lint. A 2009 freebie from Tor that is still available for anyone who wants to register at Tor.com.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote