View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #358
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronpaterson View Post
I admire your relaxed attitude, Sharkus. Not many companies would encourage their users to go poking around in an app's innards!
It's just a file, and I'm sure that if you did a quick google it would be very easy to find out how to open up a .ipa file and have a look inside. As mentioned, there isn't much you can do with what you find inside anyway. The code itself isn't in any kind of usable form.
It's no different from right clicking on a Mac app file and selecting "Show Package Contents" and having a look around.

Obviously if someone tried to use anything found in the app, e.g.; reuse an image, then I'd presume copyright infringement would have taken place and then the legal types may get involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
Makes you wonder how many other file 'formats' out there are actually just renamed zip files.
ePub uses a zip container from what I recall.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote