View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #6
varelov
Enthusiast
varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by deestew View Post
I have a refurbished Nook classic. It runs fine on WiFi, but I want to connect to my Windows 7 PC to download library books. When I plug in the Nook to PC, the Nook doesn't recognize that it's plugged in. No little picture of a USB cord. Natually, my PC can't see the Nook either. Calling B & N tech support gets me a new refurbished Nook (my 4th one. The other 3 had similar problems). I've tried 3 different USB cords and 3 different PC's. Anybody have any ideas?
It may have to do with the way you unplugged your nook the last time. Before actually unplugging it from USB, you'll have to choose the small green arrow at the taskbar at which point you'll be asked if you want to safely remove drive X:. This is from Win XP, as I am totally unfamiliar with Win 7.
Provided, your Nook isn't recognized to begin with, so I'd resort to the "20-second press on the power button" in order to reset the nook and then hook it up to the PC. If that doesn't help (your nook still not being recognized), try the "10-minute battery out followed by a full recharge" part. I am totally guessing here, as it is obvious that the stem of the problem may very well be how Win 7 handles USB hookups of devices that don't have drivers previously installed on the PC. So I'd also do a little search on Windows 7 handling USB and if similar problem has been reported by other Win 7 users that plug in their nooks to Win 7 PC's.
varelov is offline   Reply With Quote