View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 05:34 PM   #4549
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
I'm doing better than I once was. I did pick up nine Star Trek novels in March, and I've got another one (maybe five) flagged for April, along with the latest Tom Holt book - which, at fifteen books in two months, looks pretty bad at first glance. However, several of those are format conversions and books I've wanted to get anyway. I own and have read four of this month's five Trek specials, but getting them as ebooks for 99 cents each would be a nice step toward physical decluttering. Similarly, I already owned four of the March books and had read two of them, but now I can declutter the house, load all nine onto the reader, and refresh my memory of the older books with a reread before diving into the new-to-me sequels. As a bonus, I've discovered that the March series (Vanguard) leads into another four-book series (Seekers) that I have in Mount Tsundoku, so the March purchase can pay off in that additional way.

On the downside, I've been quietly amassing a large number of freebies, but my focus is on the stuff that actually costs me money (or credit). I look at the freebies as a combination of slush pile and collection challenge (some authors cycle through which of their books are free from week to week), so I may be enjoying the tracking aspect more than I will the stories themselves. I did complete a couple of those series recently, though, and I'm one title away from finishing another. If one has a taste for collecting, there are worse ways to scratch that itch than with free ebooks.
The Star Trek sales always get me too, plus the new Voyager book is out! i guess they get more money from me this month. *sigh*
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote