Thread: MobileRead January 2018 Second Chance Vote
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 09:30 AM   #46
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If I had known about the anti-semitic comments in Whose Body?, I never would have voted for it. I would have said it's offensive before it was up for the vote in the first place.

Can we dump this book and pick a different one?
I feel you Jon. I run into this problem a ton in terms of homosexuality. I just try to take it in the context of the time and place. I have also discovered that one or two authors who said the most egregious things about gays were closeted themselves.

But if you really feel that it is just petty and pointless, feel free to eviscerate it. I think it would be an interesting talking point.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote