View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #9
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFStewart View Post
Because I'm CDN I hadn't really followed the uproar, but I'm not so sure about B&N accepting different terms from Smashwords. My guess is they will ensure that all Smashwords publishers have the same terms. For all we know, we agreed to it already when we agreed to the Smashwords terms. There is quite possibly a clause which states that we accept all changes to the channel's requirements.

Not good. And as for not allowing updates, that's ridiculous. It's one of the many benefits of ebooks that an author can update to eliminate typos and such.
The Smashwords terms are already different from B&N so there is no reason to assume they have to be the same. For example we can post free books through Smash, but not directly. Remember Smashwords has a vast volume of books they can bring to bear, and actual lawyers to fight with. I would be surprised if they agreed to these terms.

Time will tell, but my guess is that these terms will not stand long. I do not have to opt in yet, so going to play a wait and see.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote