View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 07:46 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
My guess is that news content will be paid for in the long term. The thing about news is that it's new - there isn't time to "pirate" it, and people don't want to faff about collating everything or trying to work out what to believe. They want a trusted source that will tell them the kind of news that they want (Sun/Grauniad/Torygraph/Mail/Hello/whatever), in a way that reinforces their prejudices, in a convenient package. I think that people will see value in this in the long term.
We (the TV licence payer) already do pay for such things as the BBC News web site, which is my personal choice of source for news.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote