View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
The dictionaries look very similar to me - a lot of their content seems to be from the same source (unsurprising since both are Oxford). There are some odd differences, such as the US dictionary thinking that "quarks" can apply both the the sub-atomic particles and the soft cheese, while the UK one only has the plural for the particles.

I prefer the UK one simply because it defaults to British spellings.

One review (I can't recall which) suggested that the US dictionary didn't have all the plurals etc. that the UK one does, but my (limited) testing doesn't bear this out.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote