Thread: FocusWriter
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 11:14 AM   #26
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I pay about $99 per year for my own hosting to have email and websites. It also gives me secure private online storage. But I don't use that feature much. IMO the online Cloud services should only be used for collaboration, on a per project basis, backed up and then deleted when the collaboration is completed.
The actual internet connection I have and my hosting has better up time than the big names. My server in the attic (an old PC with Linux) has better still up time. My server isn't on the Internet. Security and traffic.
I do physical local backups and store one off site.

The so called Cloud is simply the 1960s computer rental with poorer reliability, unknown security and backup. They are in it to make a profit. And in the case of Google can you trust them not to peek? They read all gmail and track as much of the Internet as possible. Android, Chrome and ChromeOS means they could give up wardriving when doing Streetview.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote