Thread: FocusWriter
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 11:38 AM   #22
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
You CAN turn off spellchecking and hide the formatting tools in Word or LO Writer. I can't imagine why anyone would buy Word now except companies standardised on MS Office with loads of VB and Macros.

I use Notepad++ or KATE for basic distraction free writing, or Jota on Android. Turn off notifications / data / Internet.
Microsoft thinks it is selling me a MS Office subscription, when in reality, I am buying a subscription to MS OneDrive, which is superior to and more cost effective than, Google, DropBox, etc, at least for Windows users. The fact that I can use MS Word natively on an Android tablet, Chrome, or in any device with a browser is a significant plus, though not a driving decision point for me personally.

Microsoft must be praised for its Android efforts. For those who want/need an ability to integrate their Android activity with their Windows activity as seamlessly as possible, a Microsoft solution must be at least considered.

For me, "distraction free" is more of a state of mind than it is an application. I find that without a ruthless and deadly intent, I can be distracted quite easily regardless of platform, and application used.

Last edited by GlenBarrington; 01-26-2021 at 11:42 AM.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote