Thread: FocusWriter
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 04:29 PM   #20
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
That's why I put "distraction-free" in quotes in the original post. The Alphasmart Neo is a good tool for distraction-free writing — although you usually have your cell phone with you anyhow.

For me "distraction-free" means not worrying about what the document looks like while I type. That's one of the main reasons I like something that is not GUI. Formatting the text is something I worry about after I finish writing. It's a two-step process for me. Creating and then formatting.
This, in a nutshell, is why I was so happy to move to Scrivener all those years ago. Prior to that, I had been using Word and the temptation to format and spell check as I typed was strong. I can't remember Scrivener Gold features now, but it finally broke me of that habit (it did take a while though).
So much so that when I type into the Neo, I don't worry about anything and let my Typinator et al worry about spellinge as it gets slurped into my "real" document.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote