Thread: FocusWriter
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 04:57 PM   #19
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
FocusWriter is not distraction free. get a notification and you could be distracted. Need to look something up and you could be distracted. You are working on a computer where there can be plenty of distractions.

Sorry, but the only way for it to be distraction free is to be a the only running program on a dedicated device.
That's why I put "distraction-free" in quotes in the original post. The Alphasmart Neo is a good tool for distraction-free writing — although you usually have your cell phone with you anyhow.

For me "distraction-free" means not worrying about what the document looks like while I type. That's one of the main reasons I like something that is not GUI. Formatting the text is something I worry about after I finish writing. It's a two-step process for me. Creating and then formatting.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote