View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by neufsix View Post
Sorry ! I should rephrase that. What should I use specifically for Kindle for iOS in order to format plays or poetry? I'm mainly happy with my the results I get with the other Kindle versions.

Thanks.
I don't have any suggestions for the specific formatting, but I do have a more general tip.

Kindle for iOS is MOBI7, but it tries to interpret a few bits of basic CSS such as colors, whereas the others don't. But for the most part, it's really, really dumb, with almost no CSS support.

Depending on how bad it is, you may want to construct a separate copy of certain portions for MOBI7 and use media queries to determine which one to show. For example:

Code:
<style type="text/css">
@media amzn-kf8 {
    .mobi7only {
        display: none;
    }
    .kf8only {
        display: block;
    }
}
@media amzn-mobi {
    .mobi7only {