View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #41
markino
Connoisseur
markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
The Home Page experience really boils down to "What is more common, and causes more user frustration?"
Fair points, all of them. But different concerns can be balanced against each other.

I think the above is an ideal world solution (and who wouldn't want one of those?) But at the very least it is poor form for the book you have only just been reading, and which is unfinished, to get booted off the Home screen, under any circumstances. It's equally poor form (as well as confusing) to call something a "Reading" list, and then put books on it which are not yet being read.

We're not even necessarily just talking about those who use Calibre, either - I'm sure at some point someone has bought more than five books at once, from Kobo or elsewhere. What if I'm going on holiday and want to read a whole series? Or a user could quite easily take a clump of books off and put others on etc.

The thing isn't sold as only usable in lowest common denominator mode. One would hope that the ability of people on a forum such as this to methodically evaluate the system and feedback suggestions is one of the reasons why people from Kobo sometimes pop up here to have a look (or at least used to).

Anyway, there's no harm in asking.
markino is offline   Reply With Quote