View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #23
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Are sideloaded fonts on the new firmwares still anorexic looking? I have a font that I really like and it has a nice weight in 1.9.17 on the Touch but the firmwares I tried after 2.0.0 make it look thin and sickly, just wondering if this has been fixed yet with 2.1.5. Looking to get a Glo and this (among other things) is holding me back so far. I've tried the other fonts that are preloaded on the Touch, none impress me at all. Particularly don't like the new "Kobo" fonts.
It's quite odd, when I first got the Glo I just copied over all the sideloaded fonts I'd been using for ages on my Sony devices. But on the Glo, some of them work well and some don't. Trial and error, I'm afraid.

Of course, if you use sideloaded fonts you don't get the ability to increase font-weight like you do with many of the built-in ones. For me, this is one of the highlights of the Glo.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote