View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartveld View Post
Delving deeper (and getting OT) I found some complaints about not being able to make collections like on the Kindle. But you can make different shelves, can't you, and assign books to them? Which seems to be the same principle as a Kindle collection.
Shelves are the Kobo equivalent of collections on other devices. And as beedaddy said, the calibre has support for them and I think it is fairly good support. But, I am also a little biased.
Quote:
Also, I found complaints about a reader not being able to read a truly huge amount of books from the sd card. Is that a known issue?
There is a thread around here for someone with 5000 books on an SD card. He didn't like the fact he couldn't browse the file system and didn't like the shelves. I know someone else who has the same number of books and is happy with it. His original shelf setup meant he had about 1000 shelves, but found that impractical. I think he settled on about 200 shelves and is happy.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote