View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 02:43 PM   #20
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
The Mental Game Of Writing, James Scott Bell. Clear, practical, excellent.
Bell actually quotes something I wrote, in one of his books, (whoo-whoo!) so I'm obviously biased in his favor. ;-)

I am surprised that not one of you, unless I've missed it, has mentioned Techniques of the Selling Writer, by Dwight Swain, which is considered a classic standard in the "how to" category of learning how to write a book that will sell. Swain's work formed the basis of Ingermanson's various and sundry how-to books, and his (rather humorous) Goldilocks how-to (using the Snowflake method, as well, of course) books. Swain's action-reaction methodology is pretty much standard practice today, AFAIK.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote